We’ve been having a lot of fun with our current campaign with Variety, The Children’s Charity for the 2012 Santa Fun Run. Taking place all over Australia, this 5km fun run invites you to dress up as a “Clause for a Cause” to help raise awareness and funds for Variety and their mission.
We have five bloggers from WA, NSW and QLD participating as Blog Ambassadors for their local fun run this year. You can check out their blog posts (and vlog posts) about the run below, and follow them on the day of the Santa Fun Run, Sunday the 25th of November when they take part in in the event.
- Jenn – Mountains and Musings – NSW
- Stacey – The Veggie Mama – QLD
- Lori – Random Ramblings of a Stay at home Mum – NSW
- Trae – Where’s my Glow – WA
- Kirri – Happy Mums at Home – QLD
We also have had a number of other bloggers who were able to get involved in a variety of ways by sharing information on their local Santa Fun Run and how to register. We’re super thankful for so many awesome people getting involved to get the word out about the Santa Fun Run.
But we would also like to share a little something, so take a look at the video below – 150 Santas Dancing Gangnam Style!
Directly from the Variety, here are some of the ways your fundraising can make a difference
- $75 to send a child with special needs to the annual Variety Special Kids Christmas Party
- $200 will help a child who is non-verbal to communicate with iPad assistive software
- $1,000 will give fun and freedom to a child living with disability with their own customised tricycle
- $3,500 provides an electric bed and pressure mattress to give a child with special needs a good night’s sleep
- $5,000 will help a child living with physical disability with a customised standing frame
The Rocketman Team will be attending the NSW Fun Run in Darling Harbour on Sunday – and we would absolutely love if you could join us to be a ‘Clause for a Cause’… Wish us luck and stay tuned for a follow up post and some photos!